The M-6iB series is FANUC Robotics’ latest-generation family of small robots. The series is offered in two sizes designed to approximate the reach of an operator. Feature-rich standard capabilities and options provide dexterity, reliability and high speeds to make the M-6iB the perfect solution for countless applications and working environments.
Features and benefits
- 6 degrees of freedom
- ±0.08 mm repeatability
- Up to 10 kg payload at wrist
- Large wrist moments and inertias for real-world EOATs and workpieces
- Supplementary payload mount on J3 casting
- Yoked wrist structure for increased rigidity
- Pneumatic and electrical (8 DI/8 DO) connections for EOAT on J3
- Pneumatic lines routed from J1 inlet to J3 outlet
- Color, graphical, network- ready teach iPendantTM
- Compact size, slim wrist, and small footprint permit Reliability operation in tight work spaces
- Upright, angle, wall, or invert mounting for increased installation flexibility
- Robot can flip over backwards for a larger work envelope
- High joint speeds maximize throughput
- Fail-safe brakes and adjustable J1 hardstops increase safety, functionality, and control
- Absolute encoder positioning eliminates homing at power-up
- Same footprint and wrist bolt pattern as previous generation for easy upgrades
The R-30iA controller needs less than 1 minute to start (and even less with the basic software only). In case of power failure:
Robot program restarts much quicker than with any PC-based program (non-Windows operating system).
The resume hotstart function allows restarting safely and continuing production after power failure: no need to re-do the whole movement.
Unique resume tolerance check: in case of any program interruption, the robot automatically memorises its position before failure. When the program continues, it checks whether the robot has been moved outside of a preset tolerance. This avoids unexpected movements and collisions.
Increased up-time (robot availability)
Thanks to enhanced hardware and software capacities, the R-30iA controller offers much better robot vibration control. This greatly reduces the robot’s acceleration and deceleration times, leading to reduced cycle times.
WIDE RANGE OF CONNECTIONS (USB2), PCMCIA INTERFACE